Mold Problems

Mold is a type of fungus that thrives in damp, warm and dark environments like an attic, bathroom, or dark closet. It is both unhealthy and dangerous. They are made up of microscopic spores that travel through the air and will find a spot that they can thrive in. Once they have settled in, they will feed off the air around them. Does your home or business suffer from mold in Newport News,  Hampton, Williamsburg, Yorktown and Gloucester? Contact STAT Services Inc and we will be able to restore your home fast! For more information on how we conduct our mold remediation process, click here. Do not try and removal the mold by yourself and risk endangering yourself or home further. Contact a professional to handle the damage in your home or business.

Common Problems:

Having mold in your home can lead to serious health problems due to the toxins released in the air. These can cause issues such as: [twocol_one]

  • Allergic reactions
  • Eye irritation
  • Itching
  • Throat irritation
  • Respiratory issues
  • Chronic fatigue
  • Fever

[/twocol_one] [twocol_one_last] Mold Newport News/Yorktown/Williamsburg[/twocol_one_last] In severe cases where you are exposed for extended periods of time, it can cause serious illnesses like cancer, and even death. That’s why it is so important to get a professional such as STAT Services to tackle any mold issue as soon as you realize there is a problem in your home or business.

Hidden Mold

Mold Newport News/Yorktown/WilliamsburgIn some cases, indoor growth may not be obvious. It is possible that it maybe growing on various hidden surfaces including: the back of dry wall, wallpaper, paneling, ceiling tiles and under carpets and pads. Call the experts! Mold testing is the crucial first step in analyzing if mold removal is necessary!

Interesting Facts:

  • The most common dangerous mold is black mold and you may find this on drywall, carpet, ceiling, and other surfaces.
  • Water damage mold is usually the result from not taking care of water damage properly.
  • Growth cannot be prevented or treated with bleach or vinegar alone.

Thanks for stopping by and learning about problems with mold! Don’t forget to follow us on Facebook and Twitter for regular info and tips!